Our Range of Patio Doors
External Bifold Doors
The largest collection of bifold doors available in the UK.
Our external bifold doors are available in a range of finishes, materials, styles and sizes. You’ll find doors of the highest quality from leading brands. Click below to browse the products and find out more about what we have to offer.
External French Doors
Stunning selection of external French doors in traditional designs.
Our external French doors are available in a variety of sizes, comply with Building Regulations, are thermally efficient and highly secure. Available with fast delivery and great guarantees, shopping with us is quick and easy.
Perfect your view with our affordable sliding doors.
Our sliding doors are available in a range of sizes to suit different styles. With toughened safety glass and PAS24 Rated locking mechanisms, you can rest assured you’re getting the highest quality products when shopping with us.
The Vivid Doors Patio Doors Range
Patio doors traditionally referred to sliding doors. More recently the term has been used to refer to describe a variety of door types, including sliding doors, but also covering bifold doors and French doors. We offer all door types so you can choose the best option for your home.
Many of our customers query which patio door type is best but there are benefits to all.
Bifold doors are the most expensive option but they offer the most flexibility of door options. With their slender frames that fold all the way back upon themselves they allow an array of natural light and fresh air to flow into your home. Bifold doors are just as secure as any other door, if not more so due to their multi locking systems. Bifold doors can also have an easy access door as well as their traditional concertina opening offering day to day function.
French doors tend to be a double door offering but sidelights can be added for increased light flow or style. French door frames are more bulky and tend to be opened outwards so they don’t detract from your living space. They tend to suit more traditional properties but these doors tend to provide more style and design options. French doors tend to be the cheapest door style of the three patio options.
Sliding doors are a modern door type that involves two panels, one of which slides behind the other. Sliding doors are cheaper than bifold doors but more expensive than French. They offer great views as they tend to be very transparent with only a frame surrounding the glass. Their designs are limited, and you need to have one panel fixed so the opening is reduced but the views speak for themselves. Sliding doors can be used on larger openings like bifold doors.
If you are unsure of which patio door option is best for your home, browse each of the ranges above. Our pages include information hubs to answer your most important questions surrounding our doors but should you have any further questions don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Patio Doors
How do I choose a patio door?
When shopping for a new patio door, you’ll be looking for something to suit your individual style and taste. However, we recommend all our customers also consider the door material to ensure you purchase something that’s fully functional as well as beautiful.
The material you select will likely align with your homes windows, although each option comes with its own features and benefits:
Thermal performance levels are also good, and these come in a range of standard colours such as white, anthracite grey and black. Additional colours are available but these generally have longer lead times. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss purchasing an aluminium patio door in a specific colour.
Thermal performance levels are good, and these are available in classic colours such as white or grey.
Do you offer made to measure patio doors?
If you’re replacing an existing set of patio doors you’ll likely be searching for a very specific size. At Vivid Doors, we can cater to bespoke requests to ensure the proper fit for your replacement patio doors. All you need to do is send us the link to the product that you want (we have plenty to choose from), take accurate measurements and confirm the outer frame size with us. We can then offer you a price and lead time to manufacture your made-to-measure order.
How do you measure for a replacement patio door?
When measuring your patio doors, accuracy is vital. Here’s what you need to do:
- Measure the width of the opening externally from brick to brick. You’ll need to take measurements from the top, middle and bottom of the structural opening as there may be tiny but significant size differences.
- Take the smallest of the three measurements and deduct 15mm. This will give you the correct size to manufacture the outer frame width too, meaning your new frame will fit snugly into the opening.
- Next, you need to measure the height of the doors starting from the brickwork underneath the existing frame sill and up to the brickwork above the opening. Similar to patio door widths, there can be minute size differences so it's important to take measurements from the left-hand side of the frame, in the centre of the frame, and on the right-hand side of the frame. This is additionally vital if the original lintel has sagged in the middle.
- Take the smallest of these dimensions and deduct 10mm to give you the height to which the new patio door frame should be manufactured.
- As a final check, measure the top left-hand corner to the bottom right-hand corner of the opening. Then do the same from the bottom left-hand corner to the top right corner. This will tell you whether the opening is square if both dimensions are the same.
How long before I can expect delivery of my external patio doors?
Most of our Patio doors are manufactured to varying lead times, ranging from just a few days to a few weeks. Please check the product page to ascertain the lead time to avoid disappointment.