Choose the material for your external wooden door
Our extensive collection of wooden doors includes four material options:
- Hardwood external doors – These are incredibly durable and insulative. Our selection of external hardwood doors comes in a range of designs so you’re sure to find something to suit your style.
- Medite Tricoya Extreme – These white doors are perfect for coating in your preferred colour choice and are incredibly stable. Maintenance costs are generally lower too.
- External oak doors – Our collection of oak back doors provide outstanding insulation and energy efficiency. The range of decorating glazed panes really makes them stand out.
- Timber Composite – These contain a solid timber core layered with additional materials to make it more robust and dense. The darker shade creates a fantastic focal point.
Variety of glazing options
Not only do we stock a broad range of materials to suit every taste, but we also stock a collection of glazed doors to help natural light flood into the back of your home, elevating your home’s interior design.
From large glass panels to smaller panes, we stock options that work with the sun as well as options to provide additional privacy.
Glazing options include:
- Clear double – Double glazed panes give you a direct line of sight into the outside world.
- Decorative – We stock an extensive range of designs with aesthetic appeal.
- Frosted – Great if you enjoy the sunlight but want to maintain privacy.
- Triple – Opt for this if you want to save even more on your energy bills.
- Unglazed – Allow as much sunlight as possible to sweep into your home.
As well as external wooden doors with solid panels for complete privacy.
Choose your finish
If you’re shopping for something that’s ready to hang, check to make sure you’re purchasing a fully finished door. However, if you’d like to add your own finishing touches, we stock a variety of unfinished options waiting for you to stain and paint whatever colour you want.
Are wood doors safe?
Indeed they are. Even wooden doors that come with glass panes are just as secure as other types of exterior doors. Of course, there is always more that can be done to further increase security, including installing high-quality locks, ensuring your panes are made of toughened glass and removing all personal or high-value possessions away from the door.
Why buy your wooden back doors from Vivid Doors?
Whatever you’re looking for in an exterior door, you’ll find a wide range of external doors offering exceptional value for money when you shop with us. Our price match guarantee and ten-year manufacturing guarantee promise that you won’t find better elsewhere.
Quality is at the heart of everything we stock at Vivid doors. So whether you’re buying a hardwood door, an oak door or some other natural material, everything you find here comes from reputable, well-known brands like XL Joinery and LPD Doors.
And when you shop with us, you have everything you need at your fingertips including door handles and door frames. You can even purchase standard sized doors or something larger, depending on the size of your external frame. We’ve created a useful guide on measuring for a new door to ensure your purchase fits snugly into place.
When you spend more than £750 with us, you can enjoy free delivery.
Whatever the style of your property, a new wooden door can make the perfect finishing touch for both the exterior and interior.
If you have any questions about our collection of wooden back doors or are interested in a particular brand, get in touch with our sales team who would be happy to help.